Ghanaian history witnessed the establishment of the first-ever college of education in 1835. The Basel Mission at Akropong in the Eastern Region at the time established the Presbyterian Training College. The region, as well as the nation, needed trained teachers to educate the younger generation hence Basel Mission’s aid.
The nation’s Colleges of Education system has seen growth over the years. Thousands of passionate teachers have been produced that have, in turn, trained individuals who hold revered positions in society.
Formerly known as Training Colleges, the name was changed to Colleges of Education per the Colleges of Education Act 847 in 2012. Thus, all colleges of Education are now degree-awarding institutions. This started, effective the 2018/2019 Academic year.
With the recent changes in Ghana’s education system, some people may wonder if the application into a college of education has changed. This article rectifies that.
Read along and find the steps to apply for colleges of Education in Ghana.
- Make a payment of 115.50 Ghana Cedis into the account of any College of Education of your choice. Do this at any Consolidated Bank Ghana or through Mobile Money, on all networks. Dial *924*8#.
- Visit https://admission.coeportal.edu.gh/.
- Provide your card information and be sure to keep the details safely for subsequent logins.
- Click on “log in” to start the application process.
- Fill the application form and firmly provide all the required details. Attach a high-quality passport picture that has been taken recently for more precise recognition.
(Your passport picture should be in JPEG or JPG format which must not exceed the size of 40kb.)
- Click on the ‘review’ button to perform any of the following actions:
- Tap on the “edit” button to make any changes to the application form.
- If you’d like to save the details you’ve entered so far, so you can continue filling the form later, tap on the “Save and continue later” button.
- When you’re sure of your application information on the form, tap on the ” submit and print confirmation” to complete the online application.
7.Print the confirmation page by clicking the “print form” button.
- Keep your printed confirmation page safe. You would have to provide the Application Form Number displayed on the printed confirmation page, to check your admission status and to also print the admission letter.
- Click “close” to wrap up the admission process.
Although the online application is quite important, it doesn’t make the application complete. An applicant would have to print 2 copies of the confirmation page and add their result slips. Any other relevant information can be attached and the whole bunch of files are posted to the preferred college of education you applied to. Failure to do so will result in no admission. The colleges of Education will need these documents to admit you into the school.
On the envelope to be posted, endeavour to quote the application reference or the form number for easy identification.
Admission forms for the 46 colleges of Education can be found in any of the consolidated banks nationwide.
As stated earlier, you can also make payments through Mobile Money to fill the forms and become a qualified candidate to pursue the New Four Year Bachelor of Education Degree Program.
If you’ve been searching online for information on how to apply for colleges of Education in Ghana, then we hope this article has been of immense help to you.
Please, do well to follow the steps stipulated in this article for a stress-free application process.
Thank you for reading and don’t forget to share this article with others who may be looking for this same information.