The use of mobile money is here to stay, there is no denying it. It is challenging to shop online without debit cards or bank transfers because more than 70% of Ghanaians do not have bank accounts.
Thank goodness, many Ghanaians can now use mobile money. You can purchase apps and games on the Google Play Store using your MTN Mobile Money (MoMo) account in the following ways.
How To Buy Apps on Google Play Store With Mobile Money
1. On your phone, launch the Google Play Store app.
2. Touch the menu button, then pick Account.
3. To create your MTN Mobile Money account, step 3 is to tap Payment Methods.
4. Choose MTN Mobile Money (MoMo) Billing and enter your information.
5. Ensure that your Name, Street Address, and City are entered.
6. To complete the procedure, click Save.
As long as you have enough cash in your wallet to make purchases, you may now start purchasing the apps, games, and books that are available on the Play Store. In-app purchases are also possible on Android apps.
It is currently not possible to use MTN Mobile Money to buy software and games from the Apple App Store.
*Remember to check that your MTN SIM card is in the phone you are using.