Application window opens for the 2021 World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP) for professionals around the globe. If you are a person who demonstrates a passion for international development, graduate education, relevant professional experience, and the potential to grow into any of the impactful leadership roles across the WBG, then you should apply.
The WBG YPP is a starting point for an exciting career at the World Bank Group. Young Professionals are recruited from around the world with various academic and professional backgrounds relevant to the World Bank, IFC and MIGA.
Company/Organisation: World Bank Group
Program Type: Young Professionals Program (YPP)
Program Location: World Bank Group
Program Duration: 2 Years
Available Slots: Not specified
Basic Qualifications: Graduate Degree/Diploma
Nationality: Any Nationality
To be considered for the World Bank Young Professionals Program (YPP) 2021, applicants must:
- Be born on or after October 1, 1989
- Have a master’s or doctoral degree*
- Specialize in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas
- Demonstrate relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level**
- Be fluent in English
- The Bank’s Group recruitment policy is to hire staff of the highest caliber, on as wide a geographical basis as possible, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries or countries of operations.
- How to Apply: Applications must be completed through the online application portal in one 90-minute session (it is not possible to save and continue later) by 11:59 PM UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) on the last day of the application period using the following application checklist:
- Academic Credentials
- 1 Short Essay
- Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates, only if applicable)
- 3 Professional or Academic Recommendations
Short Essay Question:
In 6,000 characters or less, please describe:
- Why you are interested in the WBG YPP and in your preferred institution (IBRD, IFC or MIGA);
- Why you are the right person for the role; and
- How your preferred institution, and the WBG as a whole, should support our clients to contain the impact of COVID-19, working towards a green, resilient, and inclusive recovery
Application window reopen June 15 – July 15 for all profiles and from August 16 – September 20 for IFC and MIGA profiles only.
Visit the Official Website for Further Details